Re: vc-modify-change-comment for "modern" backend fix

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: vc-modify-change-comment for "modern" backend fix
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:29:02 +0300

> From: "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 02:34:48 -0400
>
> What about something like this, I've tested it briefly with a
> vc-fossil-get-log-entry, and with RCS and it seems to behave as it
> does previously -- though slightly confused by what it does for RCS
> (it inserts the header, but not the commit?).

Maybe it's me, but it looks a bit inelegant: log-view calls the VC
backend, which then turns around and calls back into log-view? a VC
method that isn't implemented in any backend, but instead does TRT for
each backend "by hand"?  Can't we come up with something cleaner, even
if that requires to add a new function?

Thanks.