Re: Tamil fonts

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Tamil fonts
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 17:46:10 +0530

Great! I will send them in two different bug reports.

I think we should also warn users that if they are trying to change the tamil font in their init.el, they should use codepoints instead of the script name,
in the (set-fontset-font) function, because if their font does not support the supplement characters, they will once more be displayed as "tofu".

Where should I write this warning?

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 5:40 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 17:21:42 +0530
> Cc: Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org, Visuwesh <visuweshm@gmail.com>
>
> So should I send the patch?

Yes, please.

> I also have the next script ready should I send it along with this?

Separately, please.

Thanks.