Re: add org-auto-tangle to NonGNU ELPA

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: add org-auto-tangle to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 08:00:22 +0000

Yilkal Argaw <yilkalargawworkneh@gmail.com> writes:

>> I have applied and pushed the patch (with a reworded commit message).
>> Are you familiar with how ELPA works, e.g. how packages are updated?
>
> Not ELPA exactly but is it much different than MELPA?

Packages are synchronised daily, and the ELPA build system mirrors your
git repository.  So you should watch out not to force-push commits,
otherwise the two might diverge.

New releases are created whenever a commit updates the ";; Version:" tag
in the package header.  No special messages or Git tags are necessary.

And you should keep the NonGNU ELPA rules in mind:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/tree/README.org#n118