Re: How to disable warnings about single quotes in emacs-29

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: How to disable warnings about single quotes in emacs-29
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 15:28:19 +1200

On 2022-06-08 13:14, Po Lu wrote:
Shouldn't this warning be part of checkdoc and not the byte compiler
itself?

I expect you could argue it both ways.

`checkdoc' says its purpose is to "check the entire buffer for style
errors", but IMO the \\=' issue is more a "bug" than a "style error"
(as it will typically be about documented lisp code).

I do think such bugs are far more likely to be addressed if they're
produced by the byte-compiler, so to me it doesn't seem like a bad
thing unless it's prone to false-positives (in which case compilation
warnings would be pretty frustrating).