Re: Tree-sitter integration on feature/tree-sitter

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter integration on feature/tree-sitter
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 08:23:58 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
> Cc: Emacs Devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 10:00:04 +0800
>
> Would it be possible to expose ts_record_change to Elisp?
>
> I am asking in the interest of Org mode parser that is also parsing the
> buffer AST and tracks buffer modifications.

Please tell more about the need.  I'm not happy with exposing this to
Lisp, and don't understand why the low-level parts of parsing the
buffer AST should be written in Lisp in the first place.  The
tree-sitter branch does this in C for that very reason.

We could rename ts_record_change to something more general, of course,
and make it available even if Emacs is not compiled with TS, if it can
be useful for other needs.