Re: Tree-sitter integration on feature/tree-sitter

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter integration on feature/tree-sitter
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 09:22:26 +0300

> From: Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 17:14:58 -0700
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

> >> Creating a parser automatically adds it to the parser list of a buffer.
> >
> > Then removing a parser means we actually delete it?
>
> Not sure what do you men “delete”.

If creating a parser adds it to the list, then I guessed the semantics
of removing from the list is the opposite: having the parser no longer
exist, i.e. "delete" it.

But now I'm confused by what you say here:

> Treesit-parser-delete removes the parser from the parser list of a buffer, so
> it is never kept up-to-date with that buffer again. But you can still do
> stuff with it until it is gc’ed.

If we already have treesit-parser-delete, and that call removes the
parser from the list, then why would we need a function "to remove a
parser from the list"?  It sounds like treesit-parser-delete already
does it?