Re: master 38697a07c0 1/2: Add :safe property to ffap-machine-p-* variab

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 38697a07c0 1/2: Add :safe property to ffap-machine-p-* variables
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 09:03:25 -0400

> This uses an internal function as the value of a property of a user
> option, which I think is not a good idea.

Why is that a problem?  Internal names means users shouldn't rely on the
fact that this function exists and will keep existing under that name or
that its behavior will be preserved, but here the users aren't expected
to call this function under this internal name, they're just expected to
call the function that happens to be stored in the
`safe-local-variable`, regardless of its name and even if
it's anonymous.

        Stefan