Re: undo-auto--undoable-change infloop

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: undo-auto--undoable-change infloop
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 05:52:46 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I don't know what happened, but undo-auto--boundary-timer is invoked
> 10 sec after the timer is set.  Perhaps this kind of problem can
> happen when there are many undoable changes, and processing them takes
> more than 10 sec?

Maybe what I saw is only an artifact from debugging and tracing (which
also inserts into buffers...)

I'm totally unsure what is going on.  Is there anything I could try to
turn off?

A CPU profiler report looks like this, with stuff less than 3% removed:

       24220  41% - timer-event-handler
       21654  37%  - timer-activate
       19231  33%   - timer--activate
       17774  30%      timer--time-less-p
       19949  34% - ...
       19949  34%    Automatic GC
       14040  24% + command-execute  ;; actual command execution time

This is a very strange result, not saying anything to me.

Michael.