Deprecation of define-key?

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Deprecation of define-key?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:33:07 +0200

The docstring for `define-key' currently says:

        This is a legacy function; see ‘keymap-set’ for the recommended
        function to use instead.

yet `keymap-set' uses `define-key' internally.  Is there a long-term
plan to re implement parts of keymap.el in C?

If not, this should be rephrased (my understanding up until now was that
keymap-* is a higher-level abstraction) I'd also like to suggest
distributing keymap on ELPA, as there seems to be interest in using the
new macros for packages that still support versions of Emacs prior to
29.0.50.