Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 16:36:43 +0000

I think it's the new optional argument to narrow-to-region, which adds an argument to the narrow-to-region opcode in byte-compiled code.

If that's the reason, why didn't it affect more files? narrow-to-region is called in much more places.

I don't know, and I'm not even sure that the actual cause.

And if it's indeed due to narrow-to-region, we may have a problem: it means old bytecode will not work with Emacs 29 and later.

If that's a problem (what kind of compatibility does Emacs promise about byte-compiled files?), we could pass that optional argument with a let binding.