Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 08:43:45 +0000

Now done on master, and we are back to the statu quo ante with respect to byte compilation.

Thank you -- no remaining objections pertaining to interaction with Lisp (since there is none).

Note that it would make sense to add some checks in the test suite for the problems you mentioned.

When make bootstrap and make check passes (which they did), it seems reasonable for a contributor to conclude that their changeset does not introduce a regression.

And perhaps also some clear note in bytecode.c and bytecomp.el that changes to the bytecode are in general not allowed (perhaps there is one already, but I did not see it).