Re: How the long-lines "optimisation" breaks font locking.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How the long-lines "optimisation" breaks font locking.
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 16:04:08 +0300

On 05.08.2022 14:20, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Thanks.  Any improvements in font-lock of any major mode is welcome.
If/when enough of them get their act together, we might revisit the
default value of long-line-threshold, as I already said many times.

As I said, changing long-line-threshold's default is not the solution because this variable also determines when the fixes for the other redisplay logic come into play.

And those cause sluggishness more extensively and much earlier than font-lock becomes a problem.