Re: SOLVED: Re: How the long-lines "optimisation" breaks font locking.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: SOLVED: Re: How the long-lines "optimisation" breaks font locking.
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 14:40:52 +0100

On Friday,  5 Aug 2022 at 13:28, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> I am having a few problems with the current Emacs including input
> methods (none) and various undefined font-lock faces, having changed
> *nothing* in my configuration.

Okay, I have at least tracked down the font lock faces problem:
font-lock-reference-face has been deleted as it had been marked obsolete
for some time.  Unfortunately, there are several packages out there in
the wild still using it including ess, gnuplot-mode, and
graphviz-dot-mode, both of which are crucial to my work.  Hey hum.  Time
to edit and post issues where relevant.

But I still have no input methods...  is there an autoload missing in
the build or init process maybe, as the relevant .el files are all
there?

Thank you,
eric

PS -I may have hijacked this thread: apologies if so and happy to start
a new one.
--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-08-05) on Debian 11.3