Re: Speedup of display of long and truncated lines

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Speedup of display of long and truncated lines
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:34:49 +0000

I've installed a few changes intended to speed up redisplay of buffers with long lines when lines are truncated.

Thanks!

I didn't yet look at C-v/M-v, mainly because I don't have examples of files with long lines that have enough long lines to justify movement by window-full. (I could, of course, produce such files myself, but the question is: do such files exist in Real Life, enough to make the scrolling commands important in these cases? Examples of such files, if they exist, are welcome.)

Yes, such files exist in Real Life. An example are database dumps, in which you can have hundreds of very long lines.