Re: Fwd: Should package.el support notifying on package security updates

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fwd: Should package.el support notifying on package security updates?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 23:23:13 -0400

We do not endorse or point to MEPLA, because it doesn't uphold our
principles of rejecting nonfree software.  So we don't get involved in
maintaining MELPA.  We have nothing to do with it.

When there is a package that happens to be in MELPA that we want to
recommend to users, we can put it in NonGNU ELPA.  There, we can give
it a little emergency maintenance if that seems called for.