Re: Deleting functions and variables obsolete since 24.1--24.3

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Deleting functions and variables obsolete since 24.1--24.3
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 07:15:28 -0700

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> The next step is the above items, and anything obsoleted in 24.2 and
> 24.3.

Please see the scratch/obsolete-24.3 branch.  If there are no protests,
I will push it to master in a month or so.

1. These variables in window.el remain doing, help welcome:

    display-buffer-reuse-frames
    special-display-buffer-names
    special-display-frame-alist
    special-display-function
    special-display-regexps

2. There are two obsolete aliases in cc-cmds.el named `c-subword-mode'.
   I don't know what Alan prefers here, so I left them alone.

3. I also left everything in obsolete/cl.el alone, as the benefits of
   deleting them seem fairly small.