Re: Consistent theme across the desktop [Re: Abysmal state of GTK build]

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Consistent theme across the desktop [Re: Abysmal state of GTK build]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 14:48:26 +0200

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 03:31:51PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 14:02:21 +0200
> > From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > > I indeed question the optimistic belief that system-wide conventions
> > > are always better.  They might be in some basic stuff, like the outer
> > > decorations of the GUI windows, but other than that...
> >
> > Yes, but the "outer decorations" now belong to the application
>
> No, they don't.  Maybe you just aren't aware that those decorations
> are all but invisible on latest Windows.  But they still exist, if you
> know where they are...

Ah, so those I see belong to the application, and those I don't are
the "real" ones. Sounds plausible ;-)

[...]

> No, see above.  Each window still has a border, albeit a thin and
> basically invisible one.

That would mean I "just" have to learn clicking onto the one-pixel wide
"real" window frame. I'll try :)

(But actually, I'm looking forward to when this box runs FVWM ;)

Cheers & thanks for the insights.