Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 12:11:34 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> AFAIR, once you configure with -C, subsequent bootstraps also use -C
> (I think).

I tried that now, but it didn't seem to work, so I guess that bootstrap
is deleting the cache file or something?  But having this would indeed
be very useful.  I.e., a variant of "make bootstrap" that has a very
fast ./configure -- that'd shave a third off the time it takes for me to
check for build issues.  A "bootstrap-fast" target or something?

Anybody know what it'd take to make that happen?