Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 23:32:01 -0400

  > But after some investigation, I've come to the conclusion that no
  > toolkit will be able to replace the hand-crafted Emacs X11 support,
  > especially in very tricky areas such as drag-and-drop and selections.

This state of affairs is a big loss for the free software world.
We (in the broadest sense) ought to do something about it.

Would you like to write an article describing the drawbacks of each of
the available toolkits?  Basically, the information that has come up
in this discussion, but combined and presented in one place.

In addition to the specific technical failures, it would be good to
mention for Qt the license problem and C++ requirement.  The C++
requirement may not be a disaster, but it is a drawback.