Re: How to remove the "read-only" property...

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: How to remove the "read-only" property...
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 19:55:03 +1200

Why has point-at-bol changed to line-beginning-position?
Why has point-at-eol changed to line-end-position?

To my eyes, the defaults (point-at-bol) and (point-at-eol)
are superior to line-beginning-position and line-end-position.

I could just set an alias to get the old behaviour on my machine,
but I can't see the point of the new labels.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 at 19:40, Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> wrote:
Davin Pearson wrote:

> (set-text-properties (point-at-bol) (point-at-eol) '(read-only t))

FYI

  This function is obsolete since 29.1; use
  ‘line-beginning-position’ instead.

  This function is obsolete since 29.1; use
  ‘line-end-position’ instead.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal