Re: master 4803fba487 1/2: 'C-x v v' on a diff buffer commits it as a pa

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: master 4803fba487 1/2: 'C-x v v' on a diff buffer commits it as a patch (bug#52349)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 10:20:08 -0400

   On 30.08.2022 16:25, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   > This is a pitty indeed.  Specially seeing that it is easy enough to
   > get this working for all VCSs.  Here is a hack I wrote ages ago, and
   > this works for just about everything, it doesn't do exactly what is
   > needed (e.g, this works on a single file basis) but it isn't too hard
   > to get that working.

   This indeed could work as an approach (I suggested /tmp, you are using a
   single buffer to back up contents, but the effect should be the same).

Yup, a temp file would make it work for multiple files.

   Do you like the current behavior with Git, though? Or do you perhaps
   have the same misgivings as Eli?

I've not tried Juri's change, but from the point of maintaining
vc-fossil it would mean that I need to figure out how to implement
this vc-checkin-patch function (and likewise for anyone else),
specially when there is no need to make this git specific for the most
common case.