Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 02:34:04 +0200

This

  (latin1-display-ucs-per-lynx 1)
  (set-char-table-extra-slot glyphless-char-display 0 "%")
  ;; test: (insert-char #x1f3ab)

is good enough for me.

I thought the diamond was better still since then one
immediately saw it was a non-printable char, but hey, that
shouldn't happen all the time anyway, right?

With this it doesn't screw up anything and with the yellow
face I think it'll be pretty obvious or obvious enough what's
going on ...

Not sure what `latin1-display-ucs-per-lynx' is suppose to
do tho?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal