Re: emacs-28 a866674b2a: Fix inaccuracies in "lax search" documentation

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emacs-28 a866674b2a: Fix inaccuracies in "lax search" documentation
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:49:34 +0200

    >> Ah, that lists *all* the equivalences. I was thinking more along the
    >> lines of the following (we can give it a different name, or combine them)

    Juri> The new command 'describe-char-fold-equivalences' that combines both
    Juri> approaches is pushed now.  Thanks for helping to add this useful
feature.

Thanks for that. I have one comment: using `read-char-by-name' is kind
of cumbersome when all you want to do is find the equivalents to
e.g. 'a'. Would it make sense to have something similar to
`read-char-by-name' but that accepted single characters *without*
treating those as hex? Youʼd still be able to enter single digit
hex characters by prefixing them with '0'.

Robert