Re: Implementing image support for kitty terminal

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Implementing image support for kitty terminal
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 09:06:33 +0300

> From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz <jao@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 00:32:32 +0100
>
> also, a term emacs running inside kitty or foot in wayland is very
> noticeably faster than the graphical counterpart

That advantage will almost certainly go away, at least partially,
if/when we implement the new backend as proposed by Gerd, because some
of that advantage is due to the simplicity of the TTY frame geometry
and text layout, something that will be lost as soon as we support
variable-height screen lines on TTY frames.