Re: [ELPA] CSS improvements

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] CSS improvements
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 10:55:09 -0400

> I've looked around and found at least two examples (that should
> suffice for two patches):
>
> - https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/vertico.html
>
>   Look for a code block that is followed by a paragraph.  There is
>   almost no space above a paragraph, but enough above.

Eww, yes that was poor.

> - https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ement.html
>
>   Section 2.1 has a h4 title that is about the same size as the
>   paragraph that follows it.  It appears at first as though the title is
>   part of the paragraph, especially because the paragraph has a lot of
>   space below it.
>
>   Btw, Adam it seems there is some peculiar rendering just below the
>   "2. Usage" title:  On GitHub there appears to be a manual TOC, while
>   on the elpa.gnu.org it appears as a list with three empty elements.

Great, thanks, installed.

BTW, regarding the second patch: I'm no fan of underline, so it'd be
nice to find some other solution (bold maybe?).  Also, in that
ement.html page, I see now that the "2.1 Bindings" heading is
underlined, but the "2.1.1 Room buffers" is left unchanged whereas the
patch seemed to want to make it italics.

Is it a problem in the CSS or am I missing something?

        Stefan