Re: [ELPA] CSS improvements

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [ELPA] CSS improvements
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 15:09:53 -0500

Hi Stefan, Philip,

On 9/11/22 10:04, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

Btw, Adam it seems there is some peculiar rendering just below
the "2. Usage" title:  On GitHub there appears to be a manual
TOC, while on the elpa.gnu.org it appears as a list with three
empty elements.

Yes, that's caused by the table of contents in the readme, which is
generated for GitHub's renderer, which isn't compatible with Org's
exporter.  I'm not yet sure how to solve that problem, but I will when I
can.

Great, thanks, installed.

Thanks.

BTW, regarding the second patch: I'm no fan of underline, so it'd
be nice to find some other solution (bold maybe?).

Agreed. I chose underline at first, because making H4s bold caused them to stand out more than H3s. The new patches attached here make both H3 and H4 bold, which seems to look good. H5s remain italic.

Also, in that ement.html page, I see now that the "2.1 Bindings"
heading is underlined, but the "2.1.1 Room buffers" is left
unchanged whereas the patch seemed to want to make it italics.

Is it a problem in the CSS or am I missing something?

Yes there is, italics are set using "font-style: italic", not "text-decoration".

Well, that's embarrassing. Apparently I hadn't written CSS in too long. The attached patches correct that as well.

Thanks,
Adam