Re: master 6a2ee981c3: Add new functions for splitting the root window

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 6a2ee981c3: Add new functions for splitting the root window
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:45:46 +0300

> From: Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 16:06:31 -0700
>
> Thanks for reviewing.  Others haven't chimed in on this part of the
> discussion, and I've gone ahead and pushed.

FWIW, if you want to give people chance to chime in, you should wait
longer than you did in this case.  Just 7 hours is not nearly enough.
The fact that people didn't speak up in the discussion until you post
an actual patch doesn't mean they won't want to say something about
the patch, it just means they didn't have anything they considered
useful to say in response to the previous messages.  It definitely
doesn't mean no one else is interested in this discussion.

My rule of thumb is to wait for at least a week before concluding that
no one has anything to say about a patch.  Yes, this slows down the
commit rate, but IMO it makes our community sense better, and
eventually the code cleaner.