Re: master 07c0e090bd 2/2: Add new commands 'image-crop' and 'image-elid

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: master 07c0e090bd 2/2: Add new commands 'image-crop' and 'image-elide'
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 09:46:22 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> [2022-09-14 21:16]:
> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> >     Add new commands 'image-crop' and 'image-elide'
>
> I forgot to remember to not to forget to ask about the latter name,
> which sucks.  Anybody have a better name for a command that lets you
> replace a rectangle in an image with blankness?

In Gimp I use select and then cut, if image has alpha background, what
I cut out becomes transparent, like for PNG images. As it is several
steps to reach that point, there is no specific name.

Your function elides, name is correct in English.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman