Re: Unicode 15

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Unicode 15
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:03:33 +0530

Suppose you tell what exactly did you do with "C-x 8 RET" that didn't
work?

After typing "C-x 8 RET" I type the names of the newly added characters such as "kawi",
"nag mundari" etc in the prompt and then try to TAB autocomplete it but they do not appear,
also when describe-char-ing these characters
their unicode name also does not show up in Character code properties

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 11:57 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 23:03:16 +0530
> Cc: rpluim@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> No :/ is this related to mule-cmds.el? Because I did not update it, because I could not understand it
> for example why are some ranges commented out and some are missing.

mule-cmds.el needs to be updated only if ranges of codepoints marked
as "unused" have changed, so some of their codepoints are now used for
characters.  The commented-out ranges are those whose names either
don't exist (because they are unused) or are meaningless, like those
in the various ideographic blocks.