Re: [External] : Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 17:36:46 +0000

>> I remember when I started using Emacs, I had
>> difficulties orienting myself around the menu bar,
>> considering how many menus and submenus there were.
>
> Is this specific to Emacs or in the nature of menus?

Menus might all have the risk, but I don't think it is necessary.  A lot
of GNOME 2 applications had well structured and regular menu hierarchy
that you could almost navigate just using the intuition gathered through
time.  The knowledge was transferable, because the software was designed
along similar guidelines.  The issue is that Emacs doesn't fit into this
mold.  This doesn't mean the menu is ineffectual, just that one has to
keep this in mind when talking about using the menu.