Re: make-frame-command with multiple munitors

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: Re: make-frame-command with multiple munitors
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 09:21:45 +0200

>"JL" == Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

  JL> Sorry, the last line is unclear, please explain
  JL> what variable and in what functions?

I imagine there's a reason make-frame-on-current-monitor didn't
outright replace make-frame (personally it seems more normal to me to
always open a new frame on the current monitor, but I can imagine
that this is not the general case.)

A variable similar to pop-up-frame-function could be used in functions
make-frame-command and special-display-popup-frame, which would allow
a user to override the use of make-frame in those functions too.

Or maybe these functions could also use pop-up-frame-function, but
that doesn't seem to be what was intended.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com