Math symbols

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Math symbols
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:25:36 +0200

Since Emacs now knows all the Emojis, I was wondering about the next
coolest thing, math symbols.  Would it make sense to make their TeX
names baked into Emacs, next to all other information show in
`describe-char?

There are around 2500 math symbols in Unicode.  Here is a comprehensive
listing of their TeX names:

https://ctan.mirror.norbert-ruehl.de/macros/unicodetex/latex/unicode-math/unimath-symbols.pdf

This data could be shared by half a dozen different features.

Now, the answer to the question above might well be No, each of these
potential features should have their own copy of the data in their
preferred format.  If that's the case, then I would like to add the
following package to ELPA:

    https://github.com/astoff/unicode-math-input.el

PS: I don't know if anyone can make any serious intellectual property
claim on those character names, but since I obviously copied them from
some place, let me mention that, to my best knowledge, they originate
from the STIX project, see http://www.ams.org/STIX/.  There are no terms
of use on that page.