Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Progress on merging Eglot: update
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:02:16 +0530

Thanks a lot for all the work! Looking forward to Eglot in Emacs 29.1.

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> 5. HELP rewrite https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot
>    to list/progmodes/eglot.el
>
>    I need to come up with a git incantation to run periodically so that
>    the patches that happen in list/progmodes/eglot.el upstream can
>    somehow be applied to the GitHub downstream-used-to-be-upstream.

Can we use git-filter repo in similar manner as we did now, but instead
of moving to child dir (lisp/progmodes/), we move to parent dir
(../../)?

Then we can simply force push to github. Admittedly I haven't tested
this yet, but sounds doable. That way commit history will be preserved
both ways.

>    Then I need to know if there's some kind of FSF machine where a cron
>    job can run these scripts periodically.  Maybe where the Elpa.git
>    stuff runs?

Thanks,
Payas