vc-tor no longer working?

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: vc-tor no longer working?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:58:36 +0100

I have tor and torsocks running, and the command "torsocks git pull" in a
shell works as expected. I also have

(setq vc-tor t).

This was sufficient yesterday to run a pull over tor via '+' in vc-dir. However,
today it's not working in so far as the vc-git compilation window just
has

Running "git pull --stat"...

I would expect the output

Running "torsocks git pull --stat"...

I notice there has been a recent vc-tor commit to emacs, but I see no
difference if I revert it.

Perhaps only the output compilation message has changed? How could I
check -- I'm not a tor expert.

Colin.