Re: [ELPA] New package: toc-mode

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: toc-mode
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 06:55:13 +0200

I have changed the binding to just `r' then.

I don't remember why I chose `r`, but I guess it stands for 'replace'.
As I am using evil, I prefer if the same bindings also work in evil,
without further configuration. However, `r` works perfectly fine for
both here, so it looks as a perfect alternative.

On Sun, 25 Sept 2022 at 23:37, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I am an evil (vim keybindings) user, and only know very few Emacs
> default keybindings.
> Also, I guess search functionality is not very important when simply
> adjusting page numbers in a table of contents.

One of the nice things about Emacs is that everything is a buffer and
can be treated as text that you process just like any file or non-file
buffer.  If someone wants to search a buffer, I consider it improper for
a package to inhibit them from doing so.

(I haven't checked, but I am guessing that C-r is supposed to be a
mnemonic for "refresh"?  It would be more conventional to bind this to
"g", that `special-mode' binds to `revert-buffer' -- this also means
that you can just use `revert-buffer-function' directly instead.)