Re: describe-repeat-maps: Possible print bug:

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: describe-repeat-maps: Possible print bug:
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:55:36 +0300

> I use C-; as my Hyper-key and have commands bound to it used as a prefix-key.
>
> I also use repeat-mode and  have a repeat property on one of those commands.
>
> As an example:
> emacspeak-media-relaxation is on C-; 1, C-x @ h 1
> However, M-x describe-repeat-maps does not show that key in the help
> buffer, it appears to render it as a  space.
>
> So the corresponding line  for that afore-mentioned command shows up
> like so in the Help Buffer:
>
> ‘emacspeak-media-relaxation’ (bound to )

I can't reproduce this problem with the following test case:

  (repeat-mode 1)
  (keymap-set global-map "C-; 1" 'next-line)
  (defvar-keymap test-repeat-map
    "1" 'next-line
    "C-; 1" 'next-line
    "C-x @ h 1" 'next-line)
  (put 'next-line 'repeat-map 'test-repeat-map)

Then 'M-x describe-repeat-maps' shows such output:

  ‘test-repeat-map’ keymap is repeatable by these commands:
   ‘next-line’ (bound to 1, C-; 1, C-x @ h 1)