[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 19:28:26 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: philipk@posteo.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 21:06:01 -0400
>   > The deadline is that we want to have Eglot in Emacs 29, and the
>   > release branch is expected in late November.
> Isn't that up to us?  If we make this branch in January, that wait
> would not be a problem.

It's up to us, but I would like to make a good-faith effort to keep
the deadline.  Otherwise, why make a decision if we back up on it at
the first opportunity?

> It is good to make a plan, but there is no need to be rigid about it.
> When we have a choice to make, that would be hard to change later,
> it's worth delaying so as to make the eight choice.

I'd like to reserve delay decisions for serious problems.  My
experience is that if we allow the deadline to slip too easily, we
will keep delaying it, and very quickly find ourself in August rather
than January.  And this problem is nowhere near being serious enough.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]