Re: timer.el API

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: timer.el API
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 00:33:04 +0200

> You don't need `timer-activate` for that: just deactivate your original
> timer with `cancel-timer` and create a new one with
> `run-with-idle-timer` if you need that.
> Both of which are documented in the ELisp manual, contrary to
> `timer-activate`.

I had understood that.  Thus my conclusion that degrading
`timer-activate` to an internal function would be fine for me.

And I also wonder if we would want a new thing like e.g.

(defun postpone-timer (timer seconds)
"Reset the delay of timer to SECONDS.
Activate TIMER if inactive."
    ...)

to simplify the implementation of things like what Madhu described as
his example "mode".

Michael.