emacs master 2953d89d74ebfe^: how to use still set-face-underline-p?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: emacs master 2953d89d74ebfe^: how to use still set-face-underline-p?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 20:34:16 +0200

Hi

I just successfully compiled emacs master 2953d89d74ebfe^:

But I still use bbdb 2.35, and right now cannot upgrade, since I wrote
so may extensions of bbdb, that it take me quite some time to rewrite
these functions
when passing from bbdb-2.35 to bbdb-X a decision was taken to have
severe renaming and rewriting of code that makes to port such extensions
quite an ordeal.

Be it as it may bbdb-2.35 still uses set-face-underline-p

As the News file tells me that functions as been dropped.

So in earlier emacs version

(define-obsolete-function-alias 'set-face-underline-p
                                'set-face-underline "24.3")

Was a solution, can I still use that approach?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.