Re: CL packages landed

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: CL packages landed
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 10:56:53 +0000

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> I've pushed the branch "pkg" which implements CL packages for Emacs.
>
> Before Someone (tm) gets the idea of blowing up something like Internet
> cables instead of pipelines, or we have blackouts here, or whatever, I
> thought I'd better make this accessible.

I am very glad to see this!  Could you comment on what larger influence
with might have on Emacs Lisp as a language.  E.g. in bug#57907 there
was a discussion how adding keyword support for cl-loop was not
necessary for Emacs Lisp, but now that symbol packages might become a
thing, would that have to change?  How would the support look like from
a backwards compatibility perspective?  I am assuming all old code would
be loaded into the default packages, right?