No to CL packages

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: No to CL packages
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 15:11:51 -0400

CL packages are badly designed, and can't work well if implemented in
the natural way (at read time).  Please do not install anything like
that.

The symbol-renaming system, shorthands, is meant can be the basis of a
much better implementation of namespaces.  We just need to finish it.

What we have is a way for a file foo.el to specify renamings to apply
to its contents.

What is missing is a way to load file foo.ek with with specified
certain additional renamings, in addition whatever is specified in
foo.el itself.

With that, we will be able to implement packages that work reliably
and without ambiguities.