Re: eglot manual suggestions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: eglot manual suggestions
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 20:03:23 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 18:00:35 +0200
>
> Normally, Iʼd just commit this, but I feel the Grammar Dragon has been
> poked enough for one week. I care not a whit if these are
> characterised as 'style changes' or 'grammar corrections', but I feel
> they are improvements.

In general, LGTM, thanks.  However, ...

> -Eglot uses the Emacs's project management infrastructure to figure out
> +Eglot uses the Emacs project management infrastructure to figure out

Is "Emacs's" really wrong?

> -This section provides a reference of the most commonly used Eglot
> +This section provides a reference for the most commonly used Eglot

Is "reference of" incorrect?

> -To have Eglot stay away of some Emacs feature, add that feature's
> +To have Eglot stay away from some Emacs feature, add that feature's

"Stay away of" is incorrect?

> -If possible, we recommend to use these configuration files that are
> +If possible, we recommend to use those configuration files that are
>  independent of Eglot and Emacs; they have the advantage that they will
>  work with other LSP clients as well.
>
>  If you do need to provide Emacs-specific configuration for a language
> -server, we recommend to define the appropriate value in the
> +server, we recommend defining the appropriate value in the

Here, you contradict yourself: if "recommend to use" is OK, then why
"recommend to define" isn't?

And AFAIU, both forms are correct English.

Also, why "those" in preference to "these"?