Re: Replace 'pp' with 'prin1' to generate ELPA archive-contents

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Replace 'pp' with 'prin1' to generate ELPA archive-contents
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 17:31:50 +0200

    >> And letʼs not forget that the default value of `package-archives'
    >> contains https URLs, so anyone building Emacs without GnuTLS is
    >> already causing themselves problems with package downloads.

    Stefan> Not really:

    Stefan> (defcustom package-archives `(("gnu" .
    Stefan>                                ,(format
"http%s://elpa.gnu.org/packages/"
    Stefan>                                         (if (gnutls-available-p)
"s" "")))
    Stefan>                               ("nongnu" .
    Stefan>                                ,(format
"http%s://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/"
    Stefan>                                         (if (gnutls-available-p)

Oh, Iʼd looked at the result, not the source. But I guess itʼs kind of
a moot point, as I doubt there are any distributions that donʼt build
Emacs with GnuTLS. [1]

Robert

Footnotes:
[1]  A dozen will now be pointed out to me :-)