Re: [nongnu] main b90fcbc413 2/2: * elpa-packages (macrostep): Update UR

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [nongnu] main b90fcbc413 2/2: * elpa-packages (macrostep): Update URL to emacsorphanage
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 12:21:11 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Oddie <j.j.oddie@gmail.com> writes:

> Sure, I’m happy to do this. Is an update to the README.org
> <http://readme.org/> sufficient?

The best thing would be if you could transfer the repository to the user
@emacsorphanage on GitHub.  That way, we can preserve the pull requests
and open issues for whoever takes on the task of being the maintainer.
You could still maintain full commit and editing access if you like, of
course, but Emacs Orphanage will be in charge of looking for a new
maintainer.  Hopefully at some point, they would be able to then hand
the package over to a responsible person willing to take on that task.

You can find out more about the Emacs Orphanage here:

    https://github.com/emacsorphanage

If that's not possible, the second best option would be if you could
update your README to just point to the new repository.

> Not sure if I was unresponsive before (I don’t remember being
> contacted) but I apologize if so. I still use Emacs but I no longer
> have a code-related day job or time to contribute, so it’s better not
> to pretend that I can still maintain the few packages I previously
> worked on.

I believe we might have contacted you on a different email address
(jonxfield@gmail.com), so that could explain why you haven't seen it.

Thanks for your work on this package so far.  I use it daily.