Re: Keep global-mode-string on its own "modeline"?

From: Thuna
Subject: Re: Keep global-mode-string on its own "modeline"?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 15:05:42 +0200

> Sorry, I don't follow: it was your suggestion to display the mode "at
> the top of each Emacs frame".  If by that you didn't mean the frame's
> title, then what did you mean?

Well, location-wise, it would be best to keep the frameline (that's what
I'll call it) away from the modeline, so the most natural place for it
is at the top.  The frame's title is also at the top, but it (besides
not always being a thing, as I mentioned before) serves a different and
important purpose, so I'm not very keen on repurposing it.  I think you
should be able to see roughly what I want if you switch on tab-bar-mode
with tab-bar-format set to `(tab-bar-format-global)' (as I mentioned
before).  I would provide a screenshot if I could, sorry about that.