Re: Fix width tabs

From: Matthias Meulien
Subject: Re: Fix width tabs
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 20:50:38 +0100

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> (...)  I still see no other way to implement pixel-based
> filling/justifying of tab names.  So here is a prototype to try that
> later will be adapted to tab-bar.el.  It seems that's all we can do
> for nicer-looking tabs.  At least, it resizes tabs like in web
> browsers.  And the default value of tab-bar-tab-width-max is the same
> as in Firefox.

Thank you!  I installed your code, and at first sight it works quite
well and the resulting tab bar looks good.

Firefox choose to change the foreground color on tabs end to make names
easier to read.  I guess it isn't supported by Emacs. So I use to set
tab-bar-tab-name-function to tab-bar-tab-name-truncated and
tab-bar-tab-name-ellipsis to t.  It helps distinguish the separation
between tab names.  Is it expected for the truncation to not applying
anymore with the code you sent?
--
Matthias