Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installe

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installed directly from VCS
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 20:26:11 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> > Are there any GNU packages for Emacs that still use CVS?  If
> > yes, why don't they use Git?
>
> Again, not relevant.  package-vc should support all the VCS backends
> that VC supports, for as long as Emacs supports that VCS in general.

Of course it is relevant.  AFAIU, Stefan M argued that it's *not very
important*, not that it shouldn't be supported at all.  To determine
if it is important or not, the questions I asked are exactly the ones
that need to be answered.

Actually, I could rephrase it: Is there any Emacs Lisp package out
there that use CVS?  I don't know of any, myself.

> (If you want to argue for removing support for CVS, you may, but
> that's a separate discussion.)

I don't think anyone wants to do that.  I wrote that in my previous message.