Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 15:53:10 +0200

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 14:35:19 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Does the code involved in the display of completion temporarily
> > switches to a different window, or changes the major mode?
>
> No, it is in a single window and the only buffer I used.

Didn't you say child frames are involved?  If so, there are at least 2
frames, and each frame has at least one window.  Right?

> > IOW, I suggest to step through the code which is involved, and see
> > which part of it actually causes the flickering.  There's too many
> > unknowns in what you described.
>
> I did only this:

I didn't mean to say you are responsible in some way.  I meant to say
that we need to understand better what code causes the flickering.
And the only way I could think of was to step through the code which
displays the completion candidates, because that's where the
flickering happens.

> My first reaction was if corfu is probably the problem since it uses
> child frames and not overlays, hence my question.

Could be.  I simply don't know yet.  Which is why I suggested to step
through the code.