Re: [ELPA] New package: use-package

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: use-package
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 14:15:04 +0530

> Before this is done, I have a few comments on the current manual.  In
> the section "Installing from an Elpa Archive", goes into how to
> configure MELPA/MELPA-Stable.  Is this still necessary?  It might also
> be a good idea to replace ".emacs" with "init.el", as this is the
> preferred configuration file AFAIK.  I don't know how important this is,
> but there are minor typographical issues such as the inconsistent type
> setting of "use-package" (sometimes with @code, sometimes without), the
> overuse of @code when @var, @key or @kbd would be better or writing "see
> @ref" instead of using @xref/@pxref.

Installation instructions should indeed point to GNU ELPA, and I will get to
fixing that by end of today. I converted the PR to draft to signal it is
incomplete for now.

> Also, it appears I was mistaken in assuming the manual was finished.
> There are still large holes:
>
> @node Getting Started
> @chapter Getting Started
>
> TODO@. For now, see @code{README.md}.
>
> @node Debugging Tools
> @chapter Debugging Tools
>
> TODO

Philip, since we are targeting just ELPA, do you think this can be
worked on after publishing? Merging to mainline is a distant issue, and
fixing manual is a future step on that path, as listed before: