Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 11:12:10 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> In my setup, I call `startup-redirect-eln-cache' in init.el because I don't
>> want the cache in my .emacs.d/.
>
> Why do you need to do that?  What's the problem with having the
> eln-cache under your ~/.emacs.d/?

My ~/.emacs.d/ is actually versiontracked as part of my repository,
because emacs is my build tool to compile org-mode to PDF and I need a
reproducible environment so others can use it, too.

During building, ~/.emacs.d/ is in the non-writable source directory
used by make distcheck.

Best wishes,
Arne
--